Book Recommendations!

Hey guys, so I know the struggles of finding a new book to read and I love it when somebody suggests me a book, so here are my top ten books that I would recommend to everyone and anyone!

Warning- These are not my favourite books (obviously I liked them though) they're books that I think will have something for everyone and will be enjoyable to many people!

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl is my favourite book by Rainbow and unlike Eleanor and Park it is set in 2011 so it's easier to relate to and it's unlike Attachments and Landline because it's teenage fiction. I find this book very relatable and the characters are all so loveable!

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - This book is hard to put into a category because it's unlike anything I've ever read before! This book is about a girl called Alina and her journey starting from when she finds out that she is part of the 'Grisha' which is a population of people who possess the ability to use the elements to their advantage! So many hot fictional guys are in this book and it is SO SO GOOD. There are those times in this book where its so good you want to throw yourself in a river so beware (also make sure you finish the whole series before you throw yourself into a river)

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - I'm sure most of you have heard mixed reviews about this book and I am not going to go into much detail about this book because the whole point of this book is to not give anything away (but I can tell you about the HUGE plot twist towards the end) No matter if you didn't like the writing style or the characters (which seem to be the main problem for some people) it is an enjoyable story and you will be hooked!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Oh my God THESE BOOKS, THESE FREAKING BOOKS. This is a necessity read. This series is incredibly good. It fills you with confusion, it thrills you and Noah Shaw is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I can't even function a good explanation of why I love this book so you'll just have to see for yourself! READ IT!

Divergent by Veronica Roth - No words, just read it.

Four by Veronica Roth - Even if you haven't read Divergent you could still read four. It works well to give you an insight of the divergent world even if you haven't read it but it also makes you understand more of Divergent if you've already read the series. It's safe to read Four first as you will not be spoiled about anything that happens in Divergent! We all know I can rave about Divergent forever but I'm serious you guys, this is bootiful.

Legend by Marie Lu - This series is, I admit, not one of my favourite dystopian series but I will admit that it is quick paced and very addictive. The series seemed to get better as you go along with it and you realised by the end of Champion (the third book in the trilogy) that you had a connection with the characters which made the finale even more sad :(. I recommend these books because even though they may lack some things, they make it up with their addictiveness and their pace.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver - This trilogy is amazing! I will say that the first book is the best of them all but the second and third do not disappoint! This series is about A world where love is considered a disease by many including the female protagonist Lena. But when Lena falls in love she has to decide what to do before time runs out and she has to be cured. These books are so good and Lauren oliver is an amazing writers and it shows in all of these books!

The Look by Sophia Bennet - This book is a lesser known contemporary but is still as good. This book is about a girl called Ted who was one day out with her sister when she gets spotted by a modeling agency. Ted doesn't believe it to start because she is tall and lanky whereas the sister she was with is gorgeous. Ted soon becomes a model after finding out that it is not a scam, but at the same time her sister becomes very ill and Ted is forced to choose between her sister and he career. This book is underhyped and It was such a quick and lovely read and I recommend it to anyone who likes Stephanie Perkins books ( we all love them don't deny it)

Anything by Stephanie Perkins! - Whether it be Anna and the French kiss, Lola and the boy next door or Isla and the Happily Ever After, you need to read these books! Stephanie Perkins is a genius when it comes to writing about love, I have so many feels when I read her books and they're all just as good as the others (though I have to admit that Anna is my favourite simply because Étienne is my fictional BF) But these books do not disappoint in any shape or form!

So there you have it! I recommend all of these books and I would love them to be loved by other people! Thanks for reading!

Lily x

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts