Booktalk: Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout

Booktalk: Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout (Lux #4)

Title: Origin
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Publishers: Entangled Teen
Page Count: 364


Goodreads Synopsis:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


I loved Origin! This was such a good continuation from Opal and was so good! I loved Katy and Daemons relationship and the action that happened in this book and is probably my second favourite of this series (After Obsidian)! Definitely a 5/5 stars.

Warning this review is FULL of spoilers.

So this whole book starts off with Katy stuck with Daedalus and that really sucked because I thought the entire book would be them just separated so I was glad that it was dual point of view and also that Daemon gave himself into Daedalus.

So the first big thing that happens is that Blake dies. HALLELUJAH! I was so happy when she killed him because he was so horrible to them in all of the books and I was shocked because I didn't think he was going to do that early into the book. I knew something was going to happen to him because it would've been annoying if he just came back again.

I am still wondering why Luc wants the LH-11 but I could see that Archer would be the one who would be Luc's 'inside guy' because he was nice to Katy when no one else was. I on the other hand, did not know that Archer was an Origin and that he was reading Katy's mind all that time.

I was so happy when they let Daemon come to where Katy was and 'hang out' with her but I could see why when they explained the whole joint bathroom and the knowledge that when a luxen and a hybrid...yeah. It makes an Origin.

So when Daemon and Katy get out with Archer and went into Las Vegas, I knew that Daemons family would be there and it was so happy and awesome because Katy and Dee were friends again and Katy and Daemon had a lot of alone time.

and then

THEY GOT MARRIED

OUHR;UW FIWUEG FIWEUGFIWEUGFIWUE FGIEUWGFIUWEGFIUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I was so happy! That was so cute because of all the tension that was going on it was nice to just have that moment even if it does seem a bit far fetched.

But it was all too good to be true because of Matthew! I had no idea that Matthew would betray them! I was so shocked and he was the last person I would expect to betray them. I don't think his intentions were good because he gave Katy and Daemon away so that no one else would get hurt and even though that does make some sense it just doesn't make enough sense.

So because of Matthew, they had to go and expose all Luxen which then means that Andrew and Ash die. I was more upset about Andrew than Ash because he seemed so happy that he could expose himself and he was having such a good time but then...yeah. 

Props to Ash though because she saved Beth WHO IS PREGNANT. That was a bombshell but it makes sense because she was ill for all that time.

Finally the Luxen come back and Daemon and friends are drawn to them for some crazy reason.

I loved this book and it was such a good way to follow on from Opal and it is also such a good way of setting off Opposition!

I hope you enjoyed this booktalk and I'll see you again next time!


Happy Reading!

Lily x


You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts