Mini Review Monday: The Merciless by Daniella Vega

Title: The Merciless
Author: Daniella Vega
Publishers: Razorbill
Page Count: 279

















Goodreads Synopsis:



Brooklyn Stevens sits in a pool of her own blood, tied up and gagged. No one outside of these dank basement walls knows she’s here. No one can hear her scream.

Sofia Flores knows she shouldn’t have gotten involved. When she befriended Riley, Grace, and Alexis on her first day at school, she admired them, with their perfect hair and their good-girl ways. They said they wanted to save Brooklyn. They wanted to help her. Sofia didn’t realize they believed Brooklyn was possessed.
Now, Riley and the girls are performing an exorcism on Brooklyn—but their idea of an exorcism is closer to torture than salvation. All Sofia wants is to get out of this house. But there is no way out. Sofia can’t go against the other girls . . . unless she wants to be next. . . .
In this chilling debut, Danielle Vega delivers blood-curdling suspense and terror on every page. By the shockingly twisted end, readers will be faced with the most haunting question of all: Is there evil in all of us? 




I really enjoyed this book and gave it a five stars on goodreads even though it was more of a 4.5 because even though I did really like this book it wasn't too scary. It was more creepy and freaky and I was only scared for about one page of it. The ending of this book confused me because I have not heard any talk of a sequel but the ending didn't just seem to fit.


The main character of this book was nice but a bit boring so I am glad that the book was not really about her and that it was more about the others and how we were not stuck with pages and pages of Sophia's thoughts.

The main action in this book is when they try to perform an exorcism on Brooklyn. Without giving anything away I am just going to say it gets very violent and crazy at this point and If you're light hearted or hate reading about blood and body parts then DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.

The book takes a huge twist at the end which I am not going to say too much about but it is predictable I realise now that I've read it but I didn't predict the ending so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  

As I said before, I would give this book 4.5/5 stars and I really enjoyed it! That's all for this weeks mini review and I'll see you again next week!


Happy Reading!

Lily x

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts