Review: Half-Blood by Jennifer L Armentrout

Title: Half-Blood
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Publishers: Spencer Hill Press
Page Count: 281

Goodreads Synopsis:


The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.


I have read other books by Jennifer L Armentrout (as you may or may not know) and this one is probably my least favourite...BUT THAT DIDN'T MEAN IT WASN'T FREAKING AWESOME!

I really liked this book because it was so Jennifer L Armentrout. The main character was so sassy and kick butt which I really liked. Sometimes I disagreed with some of the things she did but that didn't stop me from liking her.

The start off this book wasn't slow but it was mainly world building which is totally fine as it is this is a first book in a series but it was still entertaining because the characters were awesome and it was so funny.

I loved the romance even though it wasn't so central in this first book. I liked Aiden but towards the end of the book I was considering the romance a bit because of something that gets revealed in the book towards the end.

As the book progressed it got more and more interesting because the plot was just going in so many interesting places and that made me so excited to get my hands on the second book. Everything comes together at the end and I loved it!

If I had to describe this book in three words / phrases they would be: Powers, Action and Forbidden Love.

I gave this book 4.5/5 stars because I really enjoyed it but I didn't give it 5/5 like my other JLA books because I just loved them so much more even though this book was still AY MAY ZING.

That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again next time!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't read a book by JLA yet, but I honestly have heard SO much about how awesome they are supposed to be, and your review is proof to that. I really need to get to reading her books as soon as I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA is my favourite author probably of all time because she's just so funny! I would start with the LUX series of I were you because In my opinion those are her best!

      Delete

Popular Posts