Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Page count: 384

Synopsis: 
At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her--and she's forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbour, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.


     

Maybe Someday was everything you'd want out of an NA book. This book was almost faultless to me and I thought it lived up to the potential and hype that it had.

Ridge and Sydney were amazing characters are felt so realistic. The characters sprang off the page as soon as you read them and I found myself connected to the characters when I started to worry about them throughout the book.

The story is absolutely heart breaking. The chemistry between Sydney and Ridge was beautiful and it hurt reading about how they couldn't be together but this book took such an unexpected turn towards the end and completely changed my perspective and made me question how the book was going to end without being awful.

The side characters in this book (especially Bridgette and Warren) were also so well developed and I couldn't stop reading the constant dialogue.

About fifty pages into this book we find out something about one of the main characters which completely changed the entire book for me as I imagine it would for others too. Without spoiling you too much, all I am going to say is that the thing we find out about changes the entire book because of how well it's handled.

Colleen Hoover's writing in the book was extraordinary. The writing just made me keep going and reading this book because not only was the plot amazing but the writing was so easy and flowed so well.

The one thing I regret about this book was the fact that I read it so fast. I read it over two days in the space of 24 hours because of its addictiveness but I wish that I had taken my time reading this book because there was so much of it appreciate.

Towards the end of this book I was really starting to question how it would work out but Colleen Hoover created such a realistic ending that I couldn't quite get my head around it. I was just reading what she had written and I had to stop and I remember just thinking: 'This is so right, this is so true OMG'.

This book was an absolute pleasure to read and I am so glad I did, this book is no doubt a 5/5 stars.

That's all for this review, I'll see you next time!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts