Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass

Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Page Count: 336

Goodreads Synopsis:

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

The Selection was the perfect mix of a girly contemporary and a thrilling dystopian. I thoroughly enjoyed this book because the romance was perfect but at the same time every other scene was just as good and compelling.
The idea for The Selection is not a new concept but the way Kiera Cass builds this story makes it seems as if you're reading something completely new and I loved it. This world was easy to understand but it wasn't the world that sold this book for me.
The romance in this book is a love triangle and even though I know whose team I'm on *cough*MAXON*cough* both of the love interests in this book are totally swoon worthy and I loved it.
It's not only the romantic relationships that were amazing in this book. When the scenes with Maxon or Aspen were over I was not disappointed because I loved reading the dialogue in this book between the other girls in the selection because it was just really amusing!
I loved America as a main character because she was caring, realistic and funny. She didn't want The Selection to change her and I really liked her for that.
This book set up the Elite really well and I loved how the relationships were going but it's still hard to see who she is going to pick from this love triangle!
I loved The Selection and I gave it a definite 5/5 stars. Even if you don't like girly stuff it doesn't matter because this book has it's dystopian elements and they were also really interesting, even though the dresses and girly stuff in this book is actually really fun to read. I totally recommend this book!
That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again in the next one!
Happy Reading!
Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am so glad to see you have loved reading this book so far! I really need to get to reading it myself as well, because I have heard such brilliant things about this series in general and want it myself D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the selection! I hope you do get to read it soon because it's awesome and if you do I hope you like it!

      Delete

Popular Posts