Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas

Title: Heir of Fire
Author: Sarah J Maas
Publishers: Bloomsbury
Page Count: 562

Goodreads Synopsis:
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?




As the third book in this series I think this book was so good at carrying on from the other books! The ending of Crown of Midnight was amazing and Heir of Fire did not disappoint. I am really pleased that Sarah J Maas did not completely disconnect Heir of Fire to the ending of Crown Of Midnight and that's what makes it so awesome!

In this book I just think that all the main character just get better! Celaena get more kick butt (if that's even possible), Chaol gets more into it and Dorian...let's not even talk about what happens with Dorian in this book.

I love that the Fae were a big part of this book. I loved Rowan but I did not particularly like when he got too into Celaena, not because I don't like them together just because CHAOL!

I loved the fae world and I enjoyed hearing about Celaena getting into her power and becoming an even more powerful protagonist.

Because all the characters in this book are in tons of different places at the same time, the book was split into more stories and more perspectives and one of those perspectives was from a witch. At the start of this book I really did not like these chapters. I did not like the witch it followed and the story but as the book went on I found myself enjoying all the parts of this book!

In this book we get some more awesome side characters like Aedion, Sorscha, Emrys and Luca who really made this book for me and I loved all of them and I really hope that Sarah brings them into the other books!

Finally at the end of this book I was pleased because it was brutal but I think in Queen of Shadows we're gonna get some more Chaol and Celaena action (please) so I am happy about that!

I loved this book so much so I gave it...
5/5 stars

That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I agree, I want Chaol! I was struggling a bit with Rowan too - I think that will down a bit in the next book, at least I hope
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that will happen. I like Rowan but not with Celaena.

      Delete
  2. It really does seem like this series is still going on strong for you! I'm ashamed that I still have to start it, but I know I will get around to it at some point! I like that the characters have improved as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series just gets better and better! You really should start it, it's such an amazing series!

      Delete

Popular Posts