Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover


Title: Confess by Colleen Hoover
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publishers: Atria Books
Page Count: 320

Goodreads Synopsis:

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to
Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can't seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…



This book in my opinion was brilliant because of so many reasons. I loved this book and I loved the art that was included in this book because it added so well to the story and I would recommend this book to anyone!

The characters in Confess were some of my favourites, I love the way that Colleen Hoover creates characters because I always find ways to love them and at the same time I never find them annoying or stupid. I really enjoyed the characters in this book especially Auburn and Owen, simply because Auburn was just such a likeable character for me and I like the choices she made in this book (except for one) and I specifically liked how she dealt with things towards the end of the book. As for Owen, in this book he is first seen as a bit of an idiot and I have to admit that I did not like him at the start of this book but as the story progress and we started to know more and more about him and his past I really started to like him and when things went wrong in this book I almost cried.

The plot of this book was amazing because it was based around confessions and secrets and Colleen did an amazing job with this because things that happened at the start of the book became relevant and I have so much respect for authors who do that in their books because it makes plot twists and revelations SO much better!

Now I cannot not talk about Colleen's writing which is a masterpiece on it's own! I tend to not like books that have millions of metaphors and similes and I prefer books that have narrators that are talkative, funny and realistic but Colleen Hoover is a perfect mix! Her writing is lovely in that it has just the right amount of metaphors and stuff that I don't get sick of it and at the same time she creates there characters that actually talk like human beings and have a personality! I think this really showed in Confess.

The end of this book was so satisfying. Without saying too much about the end of this book I just loved the ending and I wouldn't change it at all.

I loved this book so much because of the amazing writing, plot and characters so I gave it...

5/5 stars

That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy Reading!

Lily x

Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts