Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass


Title: The Heir
Author: Kiera Cass
Publishers: HarperTeen
Page Count: 352

Goodreads Synopsis:

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.


I loved The Selection series when I read it so naturally when I knew that there was going to be another book following America and Maxon's daughter I was so happy so I got my hands on it as soon as I could when it came out!

I really enjoyed this book mainly because of the main character. Eadlyn didn't want to be part of her Selection because she wanted all the power and to prove that she didn't need  husband to help her and I really liked that because she wasn't a kick-butt female character, she didn't kill people or save people but she was still strong and independent in that matter.

Since it was her Selection, there are 35 men for her to choose from and I really enjoyed seeing the other side to the Selection than what we saw in the first book. Because of the amount of men she could have chosen from, it was really funny and nice to see what all of them did to try and impress her and some of them were downright awful! *cough* Jack *cough*.

Now because there were all these men, by the end of the book I had no idea who she was going to end up with. At the start I had one idea after a small plot twist...then another...then I went back to my first idea...then another new one...then one I really didn't expect, then I got to the end of the book and I had no idea who would end up being her suitor when her Selection came to the end!

Now because Eadlyn was the daughter of Maxon and America, they were a large part of the book and it was such a nice aspect for me as I love both Maxon and America. Their relationship is also part of the book and you see from Eadlyn's perspective how they adore each other and still flirt with each other and it was the cutest thing!!

Eadlyn has three brother and they were the cutest family ever! She had such great relationships with her brothers especially her twin Ahren, who I am not sure I like or not, but I really enjoyed reading about them and it made me enjoy the book even more!

The Heir resembled The One in some way because there are problems that Maxon and Eadlyn face (because Eadlyn's the heir so she has to help him) and it's more political and even though it did not play too much of a big part in this book I can see that it is going to be a bigger part in the next book in the series which is exciting because I personally enjoyed reading about the issues that they had to face and overcome.

The end of this book really sold me because something happens which broke my heart when I first read it and the situation that happened at the end of this book was not resolved so I assume it will be in the second book which I am now super excited for!

Overall I thought this was a great read and an awesome addition to The Selection series! I gave The Heir...

5/5 stars

That's all for my review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!
Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh yay! I keep meaning to continue the Selection series and I just haven't gotten a chance. (I did already know the outcome to The One though, lol.) This book sounds like a lot of fun, so I definitely will be trying to get to it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should finish the series! The Heir was a really nice add on to it!

      Delete

Popular Posts