Stacking The Shelves 30/5/15

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share all the books we bought / received this week with our readers and other bloggers every Saturday!


Bought:

This week I bought three books just on a whim and I'm not sure why because I bought three books that I'm not too hyped about but I bought them anyway! So they are...




The Strange And Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. I bought this book partly because of the beautiful cover and partly because of all the great things I've heard about this book! I have heard loads of people say that this is a great beautiful book and I am very much intrigued by the awesome synopsis so I am excited to read this but I was not dying to read it.








99 Days by Katie Cotugno. I have been looking at this book for a long time and ever since I heard about it I have been looking out for it and the synopsis just drew me in completely. This book does not have great reviews and ratings on goodreads but I am not letting that stop me because this cover is gorgeous and the synopsis makes this book seem super interesting and it is something that I see myself in the mood for soon.






Talon by Julie Kagawa. I started looking at this book for a long time and I almost bought it when I went to NYC in October last year but I never did and I finally decided to get it because I am now in the mood to read some fantasy or something to do with dragons. I have never read anything by Julie kagawa and I have heard some good things about her so I thought I might as well get it. Also the fact that the second book has come out makes me feel better about it AND THAT COVER THO.




Ordered:

This week I ordered a couple of books that I have been waiting for ages to get from amazon so here they are...



Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I recently finished Unravel Me which I gave four stars (same for Shatter Me) and although I am not being blown away by these books, I am still excited to see what happens especially after the end of Unravel Me and this book has such high ratings that I want to see if this book will make me adore this series but so far I am very much enjoying it but not loving it as much as some of the other hyped up series that I have read.


The Book Of Ivy by Amy Engel. I have been meaning to get this book for so so long! When this book first came out I wanted my hands on it straight away after I read the synopsis so I added it to my basket so so so many times but I never got it! Then when I went to NYC I didn't see it there so I just kept thinking every time I had money or was getting an order, 'Hey why don't I get The Book of Ivy??' but for some bizarre reason I never went through with it! So I have finally ordered it and I could not be more excited to read it!





So those are all the books that I got this week! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                     Goodreads 

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. IGNITE ME AND THE BOOK OF IVY!!! I LOVE both of those books! Which you can probably tell by the caps lock haha. You have to let me know what you think of them <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to read both of them!!! I will tell you when I start reading them :)

      Delete
  2. I've actually been putting off The Book of Ivy because I dislike the cover but I hope I'll get a chance to read it from the library. I've heard good things. Talon and 99 Days are also really high up on my TBR. They're from authors whose books I really enjoyed!

    My Stacking the Shelves + Montly Recap here.

    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I feel about the cover but I am so excited for it because of the synopsis! It sounds so awesome! I have been waiting to read 99 Days for way too long!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't a fan of 99 Days, but lots of people really loved it. I think that Cotugno is a great writer, so I'll still definitely be reading her other books. I really enjoyed Talon and I NEED to read both The Book of Ivy and the Shatter Me series!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about it but I wanted to give it a shot! I am so so SO excited to read The Book of Ivy! You should totally read the Shatter Me series! I am so far enjoying it, not enough to be five stars but I know some people really love it.

      Delete
  5. I have a copy of 99 days but actually have yet to start reading it... I hope to get to that at some point xD I haven't tried any books in the Shatter Me series but I hope you enjoy them because they sound like they can be pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts