Reading Slump Recs


I am in a HUGE reading slump at the moment! I haven't read anything substantial in the past month and it's starting to stress me out so I thought I'd share some of the books that have helped me out of a reading slump or books that I think could.


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



This book was addictive because of it's adorable characters, relationships and plot in general! This book was so sweet and unlike many of the contemporary books I've read, I was actually excited to pick it up because despite me going on about how sweet it is, the characters in this book still have their issues and it's interesting to see what happens.





Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

For many people the writing on it's own in this book is addictive but for me it was the constant feeling of wanting to know what was going on and what was going to happen next. This book raised so many questions for me and I knew that I had to keep reading if I wanted to know therefore this book was the reason I procrastinated doing everything else. Although throughout this entire book I thought the protagonist was with the wrong person I still wanted to see where this would go and one of the main things keeping me going with this series is all the talk of Warner vs Adam and I just want to know who it's going to be!



Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout

These books are my favourites because they're so so so addictive because the action in this book is fast paced and just crazy but that is not the main reason as to why I was addicted to this book whilst reading it. The characters in this book are the most loveable of any characters I've ever read so naturally with the amount of action in these books I was constantly worried who was going to die but at the same time I continued reading because the characters were all so funny, relatable and had the best and most interesting conversations which made this book and all the others in the series so much more enjoyable and light hearted.


Every Last Word by Aimee L Salter


This book is about bullying and it is so extreme that it was very interesting and entertaining to read about. In this book it takes bullying to a very high level and it was crazy how angry and sad I felt throughout reading this book and for someone like me I enjoy feeling like that when I read a book because it adds to the overall experience of the book. This book also features some magical realism and it was unlike any attempt at magical realism I'd ever read which in turn made me curious to know how it worked and how it would add to the story.


Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon


I was drawn in by the synopsis of this book which basically tells us that our main character Maddie is allergic to everything and therefore cannot leave her house or talk to anyone but her mother and her nurse. Again I was very curious to know the details and in the plot of this book I got even more curious and confused about her medical condition because of what was happening and the ending of this book was fantastic.




Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch


This book for me was hard to get into but when I did this book was fantastic! I got so engrossed in the world and it is one of my favourite worlds that I've read about now but I loved how much the characters travelled and the characters in general because I felt myself connecting with them more and more as I read which meant I generally picked up the book more because I had to know who was safe and who wasn't!





That's all for this post! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy Reading!
Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yay for Every Ugly Word! I haven't read it, but I bought the book last month. All of the other books are great choices. Anna, Shatter Me, Everything, Everything, and Obsidian were definitely tough to pull away from when I read them. I wasn't quite an engrossed in Snow Like Ashes, but I really liked reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Ugly Word is so good! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

      Delete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss is a book I own but haven't read yet. I am going to be reading it sometime this summer! Everything, Everything and Shatter me also catches my attention. I think The Host might help you out of that slump!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts