Waiting on Wednesday 22/7/15



Waiting on Wednesday is A weekly feature hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers share one of their most anticipated releases of the year

My WoW book for this week is...



Title: Illuminae
Author(s): Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
Publishers: Knopf Books
Page Count: 608
Release Date: 20th October 2015

Goodreads Synopsis:
This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do.

This afternoon, her planet was invaded.

The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit.


But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again.


I will be honest, the synopsis of this book didn't really sell it to me but I have seen so much hype around this book and so many rave reviews on Goodreads that now I've started getting excited for it. I love the cover of this book and how the book is set out because of the documents, emails, interviews etc. that is said to be in this and I am a sucker for books that look like they have things like that in them.

I really want to read something by Amie Kaufman and I do have These Broken Stars but so far I have kind of lost interest in that book so I am excited to experience the writing in this book. I also have not read anything by Jay Kristoff so that will be something to look forward to as well!


That's all for this weeks WoW! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. SO excited for this one! I already have it preordered and I can't wait until it releases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hype got me into this book too! It's tough to resist it when so many people say it's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts