Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Title: Clockwork Princess
Author: Cassandra Clare
Page Count: 568
Publishers: Walker Books

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Danger and betrayal, love and loss, secrets and enchantment are woven together in the breathtaking finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices Trilogy, prequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.


As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realises that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?



First of all, I have never read a book or book series that has made me cry quite as much as this one. In fact, half an hour after finishing it, I am writing this review and crying. This book was so fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better ending to a series I didn't think could get better than the first book (although that Epilogue was CRUEL ABSOLUTELY CRUEL AND I'M CRYING AGAIN JUST THINKING ABOUT IT).

The thing I have to address immediately is characters because I loved every single character in this book. I adored Sophie and Gideon, grew to love Gabriel and Cecily (she was annoying at the start, not gonna lie) I couldn't get enough of Charlotte and Henry and I have never read of a more perfect couple than Will and Tessa. Will was everything I love in a male love interest and although I was team Will all the way through the series, I still loved Jem so so much because how can you not love Jem! I had so much love and respect for Tessa throughout not only this book but the entire series because even though I didn't agree with her choices in some parts *cough*Clockwork Prince*cough* I agreed with almost everything else she did and I couldn't fault her as a main character.

The romance in this book KILLED ME! The ups and downs and the deaths and twists oh my goodness. I loved the relationship between Will and Tessa even when they weren't actually together and I equally (okay maybe a little less) loved reading about Tessa and Jem because Jem was the sweetest thing ever. Jem's and Will's relationship was one of the best friendships I've ever read and when that was compromised I felt myself sympathising with Will more than Tessa despite Tessa being Jem's love interest.

Plot-wise this book was FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC! I was never ever ever ever bored and the twists in this book are just too much to even put into words. The twists in this book were crazy and the plot was so well done because I was so confused as to how this was all going to end because of Clockwork Prince but I think Cassandra Clare finished off this series perfectly.

...And then there was the epilogue. That epilogue was the death of me. I could not deal as soon as I saw that it dated 2008 and I just knew that I was going to cry my eyes out. Although loving every single aspect of the book (yes, even the part I'm about to complain about), the ending and what happened between Tessa and Jem did not sit well with me. Obviously I wanted all the characters to have a happy ending even after most of them were dead but I'm still not sure whether I liked the ending of the Epilogue. I think maybe I feel it was too rushed or that I liked the idea of Will being the only one ever for Tessa but for some reason it just didn't sit well with me.

The writing in this book is amazing and I cannot fault Cassandra Clare for that. This book was such an easy read when it wasn't KILLING ME. I think the fact that this book was in third person really helped because of the amount of twists and just that fact that the plot and characters make you want to know what everyone is thinking at every second.

Overall, I think you can tell that I loved this book EXTREMELY! I gave it...


6 Stars

That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!
Happy Reading!
Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads



You May Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts