Review: Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Title: Yes Please
Author: Amy Poehler
Page Count: 329
Publishers: Dey St.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In Amy Poehler’s highly anticipated first book, Yes Please, she offers up a big juicy stew of personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice (some useful, some not so much), like when to be funny and when to be serious. Powered by Amy’s charming and hilarious, biting yet wise voice, Yes Please is a book full of words to live by


This year I discovered my soon to be favourite TV show, Parks and Recreation. I had tried it about a year before but I just didn't like it and didn't understand it but I am so glad now that I stuck with it this time. So because I loved it so much and its eccentric main character Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) I obviously had to read Yes Please and this was the perfect book for my end of Parks and Rec feels.

Amy Poehler is ridiculously funny and it really shows in this book! Her sense of humour is perfect for this book and makes it such an easy read. Sometimes it is hard to sense her sarcasm but when you do you will find yourself laughing because SHE SO FUNNY OMG. I had so many laughs reading this book and it was like watching another TV show starring Amy Poehler.

The book follows her rise to stardom. She talks about her days in Chicago and New York, her improv classes, her time on SNL and of course her time on Parks and Rec. I loved these parts because it was genuinely entertaining to see how she rose to fame and how she became who she was today. The other parts that were not about her acting were equally as interesting. She is so much funnier and more daring I might say than you may think she is. She talk about her teenage years and her times with drugs. Yes Please is a very personal book I think and I really enjoyed this because I got to see more of my favourite comedy actress.

The writing in this book is fantastic. Like I said Amy is brutally honest and it is refreshing. She talk about taboo subjects that not many people (especially someone so influential) would talk about. It was so easy to read this book because it felt like I was having a conversation with Amy and it really made me feel like Parks and Rec wasn't truly over.


I really enjoyed this book so I have it...


4/5 Stars

That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ooh, this sounds spectacularly wonderful! :D I haven't read a book like this before (although I'd like to read Felicia Day's memoir/novel/sort-of-thing someday) and I reeeally want to watch Parks and Recreation because all the gifs are SO FUNNY! :D
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parks and Recreation is AMAZING! If you love the gifs then you will ADORE the show!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read a book like this before but it does sound kind of interesting and I've heard good things, so it may have to be my first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read many books like this either but I really enjoyed this one! You should try it!

      Delete

Popular Posts